I hope you enjoyed the start to our new class book yesterday!
Today, we are going to have a writing focus to our English work. Your first task is to re-read pages 7, 8 and 9 - the first two blogs by Alice. As you are reading, have a look at the features of the text.
What makes it a blog?
How is it written?
What type of vocabulary does the author use to make it sound like Alice is writing it? What writing 'devices' does the author use? - think about the work you did with Miss Green before Christmas.
Next, have a look at the BBC Bitesize link below.
What is a blog?
What does blog mean?
How are most conventional blogs different from Alice's blog?
- Using the blog I have created on Purple Mash, write a blog post.
- Log in details can be found on the home learning page
- The blog is called 'Sea Bean'
- I would like you to write your blog as you, from first person
- You are going to write as if you are stranded in the village you live in during lockdown, which is convenient, because you are!
- You can include pictures
- Think about the features used in Alice's blog post, and the ones you have seen on the Bitesize example
- If you want to draft it on paper, edit it, then publish it online, that is fine
- If you don't get this finished today, you can work on it over the weekend, and publish it on Monday.
- It only needs to be 2 or 3 paragraphs long, not your detailed life story!
- As always, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary choices, and sentence structure are all important!
Good luck! I look forward to reading these!