Good afternoon class 4!
To continue our geography work studying the Grand Canyon, today we are going to look at people who live there...that's right, people actually live there!
Look at the PowerPoint attached.
- Create a poster/report about the Havasupai and Hualapai Tribes
- Focus on the headings from the PowerPoint
- Where do they live? How do they make money? What do they eat? How do they rely on tourism?
The next few sessions this week will look at tourism, so this is the introduction to that.
- Look at the art work done by a local child living in the Grand Canyon region
- What do you think the symbols mean?
- What is the picture tell you?
- Use the code sheet below to create your own Native American art that tells a story
- You can draw, paint, sketch - it is up to you!