The Langar curriculum promotes risk taking, choice and decision making which enables children to take responsibility for their own learning and lifestyle. It provides our children with learning challenges which are engaging, motivating and exciting. Through a broad range of subjects and balance of experiences every child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
The school has adopted a connected curriculum framework. It is based around the organisation of the National Curriculum Objectives, a transferable skills bank, real life experiences and connectors designed to make it meaningful.
National Curriculum objectives from across the foundation subjects - history, geography, art, music and DT - have been organised into knowledge and skills banks. These drive the themes for our cross curricular topics.
Approaches to learning
* Underpinned with core values and life-long learning skills
* Consistent approaches to teaching and learning
* Mastery Maths * Cross-curricular themes and topics
* High quality resources and learning environment
* Instilling a passion for learning * Promoting effective communication
* High expectation of all pupils
* Personalised support for under-performing pupils
Explore – Geography
Create – Art, DT and Music
|Ongoing Subjects – English, Maths, Science, PSHCE, PE, Computing, RE, MFL|
|Specialist roles: ELSA Mastery Maths Primary Specialist Reading Recovery Teacher Language and music specialist teachers|
Healing the Gap
*Reading Recovery *5 Minute Box *B Squared *Reading Buddies *1-1 Reading* Phonics Streaming * Phonics/ Spelling Pre Teach *Snip
*Rapid Phonics *Rapid Reading *Plus 1 *Power of 2 *Pre Teach Maths * Pre/Post Teach Maths *In class TA support and intervention * Precision Teach