We have so much to shout and about and celebrate that is often over looked in the business of school life. I have tried to capture some of this on our promotional material.
I have updated our flier so that it can be shared with prospective parents who need to make their choices for September 2024 reception starters soon after the Christmas holiday. Funding is allocated to school per child who is on roll at the time of the census in November. We had 88 children on roll at that point this year out of possible 105 places. That means a budget cut for us next year.
We would be grateful if you would promote our wonderful little school and share your experiences. There have been many success stories which we must remember and celebrate.
Since March 2023 we have:
- Been graded 'good' with outstanding in the area of Personal Development by OFSTED
- Delivered a carefully planned and rounded curriculum
- Taken children in years 3, 4, 5 and 6 on residential trips
- Taught weekly music, French, art or DT and PSHE lessons (something you will find does not happen in many schools)
- Offered an extensive range of clubs, activities and instrumental lessons as part of our extra-curricular offer
- Supported the development and outcomes for children with Special Educational Needs, undertaking extra training where necessary or buying in external services and celebrated this during RESPECT week
- Provided an extensive well-being package for the benefit of children and their families through ELSA and Pastoral Support
- Supported a range of charities
- Trained children to be leaders within our school through their Roles of Responsibility
- Increased the percentage of children passing the phonics screening in year 1
- Secured the 2nd best KS2 outcomes in Rushcliffe and in the top 10% of the whole country without boosting, cramming or narrowing the curriculum for year 6
- Completed the process to join Aspire Multi-Academy Trust
- Recognised by Aspire for the strengths of the staff team with Mr Owen-Jones being given the role of Maths Lead for the Trust and Mrs Brown SIAMS and Christian Distinctiveness Lead
This is a mere snapshot of our achievements and there are certainly many more to come.