It has been wonderful to be in school today with the staff team planning for children to return.
We have come to the difficult decision that we are going to have to postpone reopening to year groups for at least a week. Unfortunately, as I am sure you will have seen in the local news, we remain in the same situation as on Friday as we await feedback from Trade Unions on the risk assessments we have carried out and in light of further guidance, review the suitability of the plans we have put in place to mitigate the risk of viral spread.
I am saddened to not have more concrete news for you. It is imperative in the current crisis that we remain flexible and open to advice in order to not put the health and wellbeing of staff, children and the wider community at risk.
Along with Dr Helen Baxter, governors and staff I will review progress towards the end of the week and will communicate this to you. I am sure it goes without saying, that we are all desperate to get children back in school and to create a sense of normality. Until then, please look at class pages and continue to follow the home learning provided.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support. This is a matter that is, sadly, out of our hands.